The Rise is the most expansive and embedded global network of Tamil speaking entrepreneurs, investors, professionals, academia, researchers, artists and public intellectuals who believe in the ideals of shared prosperity, impactful collaborations, empathy, environmental stewardship and peace. We seek the friendship and goodwill of all nations and people to lift ourselves as a globally respectable people and meaningfully contribute towards creating a better future for everyone on earth.
The Rise Purpose
To inspire and unite Tamil entrepreneurs, professionals, public intellectuals and knowledge resources all over the world; to work hard for the peaceful emergence of Tamils in the 21st century; to excel in all fields of knowledge, innovation, art, culture, media and public good. To change the way Tamils loo at the world, and the way world looks at Tamils. To rise as a people worthyof global respect.
The Rise Beliefs & Values
All The Rise members are called upon to internalise and live the following Tamil civilizational values- defined in Tamil language as Aram – அறம்.
1. That all women, men and of varied genders are born equal, so are every being on earth.
2. That every person on earth is a friend, every place is like my village and all of us are part of a large family.
3. That empathy is the best fruit of reason, knowledge and all human endeavors.
4. That no belief can match the real transformative power of human creative imaginations, hard work and unyielding perseverance.
5. That we will always be humble, dignified and generous in success.
6. That ethical wealth making is supremely noble, but deploying it for common good is an adorable spiritual trait and the very purpose of the pursuit of wealth making.
7. That love, kindness and such good virtues are our best ornaments whereas hatred and bigotry in the name of religion, caste, language and nationality are cancer of the soul.
1. We commit ourselves to abide, and be guided
by the tenats and priorities defined by the community of nations represented by the UN and
2. Wherever we exist and operate we absolutely commit to abide by the existing laws of the land.
3. We shall never support or associate ourselves with organisations and ideologies that promote violence, hatred, exclusion and bigotry in the name of religion, caste, ethnicity, language, gender and political beliefs.
4. We hold Tamil as a unifying civilisational identity that reconciles the internal divisions of caste, religion, politics and class. We deeply believe and cherish Tamil as an ancient Civilisation; we are more than 90 million Tamil speaking people spread around various parts of the world, that we are a cultural nation without a sovereign state and hence we seek the friendship, grace and support of all nations and people on earth to protect and advance our language and culture, and our collective existence as a cultural community.
5. We commit our collective knowledge, competencies and moral resources to be used by UN and such other common global agencies in any emergency or disaster situations in any part of the world.